Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:58:47 GMT
From:      ruth moulton <ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@qcsn.com>
Cc:        ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: Squid will that be fried ?

Rick

sorry, I missed the start of this thread - so don't know if the
following is out of turn but

Netscape - now free and runs on most os - has pretty good e-mail
facilities,

personally I use emacs (for just about everything!) but including
e-mail. It's pretty good but not the best, but I'm pretty e-mail
literate (I implement the stuff) so put up with its short comings for
the sake of (a) having the same editor for all my work (b) it's
excellent edditng functions!

ruth

 > > Seriously, I think that most users would be fully satisfied with the
 > > functionality of elm and pine on their first steps into e-mail and news.
 >
 > 	Even if you have to primarily still use a Windows or Win95 box,
 > the University of Washington has been kind enough to produce a version of
 > Pine that works great under both OSs. Plus it's got mouse functionality so
 > you can cut and paste those web addresses easier...:)
 >

 > 						Rick

Ruth Moulton            ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Consultant

65 Tetherdown,
London N.10 1NH, UK     Tel:+44 181 883 5823