Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:39:27 -0500
From:      Steve Dobbs <Steve.Dobbs@networktelephone.net>
Subject:   USB question

I was attempting to install my new MS optical Intellimouse on the USB port
instead of the PS/2 port, but I am getting the following when I do a 'dmesg'
after recompliing my kernel with the correct usb drivers:

uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> at device 7.2 on pci0
uhci0: Invalid irq 255
uhci0: Please switch on USB support and switch PNP-OS to 'No' in BIOS

PNP is turned off in the bios, and the intellimouse works on the USB port in
when I'm changing the bios (so I know it's not hardware)
I get this error when I boot regardless of whether or not the mouse is
plugged into the usb port upon booting.  I scoured my bios and found no way
to 'turn on' usb support, but like I said, it seems to be on, because I was
using the mouse on the usb port to navigate the bios menus.  Does anyone
have any clue where else I should look?

Steve Dobbs
Migrant WorkerSr. Unix Administrator
Network Telephone, Inc.