Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:58:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      whizkid@ValueDJ.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW problems connecting to port 25!

I have IPFW setup, and in my ruleset i have the following line

add 04009 allot tcp from any to me dst port 80 in via x10 setup
add 04010 allow tcp from any to me dst port 25 in via xl0 setup

however if I enable the firewall and try to telnet into port 25, it cannot
connect..  BUT if I disable the firewall I have NO problems.  With the
firewall enabled I can browse my webserver with no problem, but I cannot
connect to port 25..  Any suggestions?

FreeBSD 5.1-Current

ipfw disable firewall I can access port 25 remotely
ipfw enable firewall it cannot connect to port 25 remotely