Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:03:33 +0100
From:      Stefan Pietsch <stefan.pietsch@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN connection problems

Norbert Koch wrote:

> What ppp are you using: kernel, userland or netgraph-based?
> Can you post your isdnd.rc, ppp.conf, kernel conf?

I login as normal user, enter "ppp" and type "dial ..." to open the
internet connection. This is userland ppp I think.

========
ppp.conf
========

default:
 set cd 180
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set device /dev/i4brbch0 /dev/i4brbch1
 set dial
 set hangup
 set login
 set proctitle ppp-isdn
 set speed sync
 nat enable yes
 nat log yes

arcor:
 set phone "010700192076"
 set authname arcor
 set authkey xxxxx
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 add default HISADDR
 set timeout 180
 set filter in 0 deny any any tcp dst eq 22
 set filter in 1 deny any any udp dst eq 137
 set filter in 2 deny any any udp dst eq 138
 set filter in 3 deny any any tcp dst eq 139
 set filter in 4 deny any any udp dst eq 514
 set filter in 5 deny any any tcp dst eq 3128
 set filter in 6 permit any any all
 set filter out 0 deny 192.168.1.0/24 any tcp dst eq 80
 set filter out 1 permit any any all
 allow users stefan

========
isdnd.rc
========

#==============================================================================
# SYSTEM section: isdnd global configuration parameters
#==============================================================================
system

# accounting
# ----------

acctall         = on                    # generate info for everything
acctfile        = /var/log/isdnd.acct   # name & location of accounting file
useacctfile     = yes                   # generate accouting info to file

# monitor
# -------

monitor-allowed = no                    # global switch: monitor on/off
monitor-port    = 451                   # default monitor TCP port

# Monitor rights are granted due to the most specific host/net spec, i.e. in
# the example below host 192.168.1.2 will have the rights specified on that
# line, even so it belongs to net 192.168.1.0/24 as well.
#
# A monitor specification may either be:
#
#  - the name of a local (UNIX-domain) socket; this MUST start with a "/"
monitor         = "/var/run/isdn-monitor"
monitor-access  = fullcmd
monitor-access  = channelstate, logevents
monitor-access  = callin, callout
#
#  - a dotted-quad host spec
monitor         = "192.168.1.2"
monitor-access  = restrictedcmd, channelstate, callin, callout
#
#  - a dotted-quad net spec with "/len" (CIDR-style) netmask spec
monitor         = "192.168.1.0/24"
monitor-access  = restrictedcmd, channelstate, callin, callout
#
#  - a resolveable host name
#monitor                = "rumolt"
monitor-access  = restrictedcmd, channelstate, callin, callout
#
#  - a resolveable net name with "/len" netmask (s.a.) appended
monitor         = "up-vision-net/24"
monitor-access  = restrictedcmd, channelstate, callin, callout

# regular expression pattern matching
# -----------------------------------

#regexpr        = "connected.*XXX"      # look for matches in log messages
#regprog        = connectXXX            # execute program when match is found

regexpr         = "<unknown> incoming call from"
regprog         = unknown_incoming      # execute program whan match is found

# realtime priority section
# -------------------------

rtprio          = 25                    # modify isdnd's process priority

#==============================================================================
# entry section: IP over ISDN example - i call back the remote end
#==============================================================================
entry

name                    = I4BPPP        # name for reference. This name will
                                        # be used in the logfile to identfy
                                        # this entry.

                                        # the network or telephone device
                                        # the data traffic should be routed to:
usrdevicename           = rbch          # ipr, isp, tel, rbch
usrdeviceunit           = 0             # unit number

                                        # the ISDN controller number to be
                                        # used for this entry:
isdncontroller          = 0             # controller to use or -1 to use any
isdnchannel             = -1            # channel (1/2) to use or 0 or -1 for any

                                        # incoming only, outgoing only or both:
direction               = out           # in, out, inout

                                        # numbers used to verify a DIAL IN:
local-phone-incoming    = 994362        # this is my number
remote-phone-incoming   = 0123456789    # this one can call in

                                        # numbers used at DIAL OUT time:
local-phone-dialout     = 994362        # this is my number
remote-phone-dialout    = 0123456789    # i call this remote number

                                        # in case i have several remote
                                        # telephone numbers specified, this
                                        # is used to specify which one is
                                        # used next on dial fail or retry:
remdial-handling        = first         # first, last or next

                                        # what happenes if someone dials in:
dialin-reaction         = ignore        # accept, reject, ignore, answer, callback

                                        # normal dialout or do i call back:
dialout-type            = normal        # normal / calledback

callbackwait            = 1             # no of secs to wait before calling back

                                        # type of protocol on the B-channel:
                                        # hdlc must be specified for IP (the
                                        # ipr and isp drivers), raw must be
                                        # specified for telephone answering
b1protocol              = hdlc          # hdlc, raw

                                        # shorthold mode and idle time
                                        # configuration:
ratetype                = 0             # ratesfile entry to use
unitlength              = 90            # unitlength to assume
unitlengthsrc           = rate          # none, rate, cmdl, conf, aocd
idletime-incoming       = 120           # incoming call idle timeout
idletime-outgoing       = 120           # outgoing call idle timeout
earlyhangup             = 5             # time to hangup before an expected
                                        # next charging unit will occur

                                        # retry and recovery parameters
dialretries             = 3             # # of dial retries
dialrandincr            = off           # random dial increment time
recoverytime            = 5             # time to wait between 2 dial tries
usedown                 = off           # set i/f down
downtries               = 5             # retry cycles before set down
downtime                = 30            # time to be in down before going up

#connectprog            = "ip-up"       # run /etc/isdn/ip-up when an interface
                                        # has established its network connection.
                                        # example parameters are:
                                        # /etc/isdn/ip-up -d isp0 -f up -a 192.110.12.14
#disconnectprog         = "ip-down"     # like connectprog, but run after the connection
                                        # is closed (ISDN layer down). The actual
                                        # interface address might not be known
                                        # any more. example parameters are:
                                        # /etc/isdn/ip-up -d isp0 -f down -a 0.0.0.0

=============
kernel-config
=============

machine         i386
cpu             I586_CPU
ident           FOOBAR

# To statically compile in device wiring instead of /boot/device.hints
#hints          "GENERIC.hints"         # Default places to look for devices.

options         SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
#options        INET6                   # IPv6 communications protocols
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 # Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big directories
options         MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device
options         NFSCLIENT               # Network Filesystem Client
options         NFSSERVER               # Network Filesystem Server
options         NFS_ROOT                # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCLIENT
options         MSDOSFS                 # MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  # ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options         PSEUDOFS                # Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         GEOM_GPT                # GUID Partition Tables.
options         COMPAT_43               # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         SCSI_DELAY=15000        # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  # ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options         AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.
options         ADAPTIVE_GIANT          # Giant mutex is adaptive.

device          apic            # I/O APIC

# Bus support.  Do not remove isa, even if you have no isa slots
device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci

# Floppy drives
device          fdc

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata
device          atadisk         # ATA disk drives
device          ataraid         # ATA RAID drives
device          atapicd         # ATAPI CDROM drives
device          atapifd         # ATAPI floppy drives
device          atapist         # ATAPI tape drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering

# SCSI Controllers
#device         ahb             # EISA AHA1742 family
#device         ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
#device         ahd             # AHA39320/29320 and onboard AIC79xx devices
#device         amd             # AMD 53C974 (Tekram DC-390(T))
#device         isp             # Qlogic family
#device         mpt             # LSI-Logic MPT-Fusion
#device         ncr             # NCR/Symbios Logic
#device         sym             # NCR/Symbios Logic (newer chipsets + those of `ncr')
#device         trm             # Tekram DC395U/UW/F DC315U adapters

#device         adv             # Advansys SCSI adapters
#device         adw             # Advansys wide SCSI adapters
#device         aha             # Adaptec 154x SCSI adapters
#device         aic             # Adaptec 15[012]x SCSI adapters, AIC-6[23]60.
#device         bt              # Buslogic/Mylex MultiMaster SCSI adapters

#device         ncv             # NCR 53C500
#device         nsp             # Workbit Ninja SCSI-3
#device         stg             # TMC 18C30/18C50

# SCSI peripherals
#device         scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
#device         ch              # SCSI media changers
#device         da              # Direct Access (disks)
#device         sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
#device         cd              # CD
#device         pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
#device         ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)

# RAID controllers interfaced to the SCSI subsystem
#device         amr             # AMI MegaRAID
#device         asr             # DPT SmartRAID V, VI and Adaptec SCSI RAID
#device         ciss            # Compaq Smart RAID 5*
#device         dpt             # DPT Smartcache III, IV - See NOTES for options
#device         hptmv           # Highpoint RocketRAID 182x
#device         iir             # Intel Integrated RAID
#device         ips             # IBM (Adaptec) ServeRAID
#device         mly             # Mylex AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID
#device         twa             # 3ware 9000 series PATA/SATA RAID

# RAID controllers
#device         aac             # Adaptec FSA RAID
#device         aacp            # SCSI passthrough for aac (requires CAM)
#device         ida             # Compaq Smart RAID
#device         mlx             # Mylex DAC960 family
#device         pst             # Promise Supertrak SX6000
#device         twe             # 3ware ATA RAID

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard
device          psm             # PS/2 mouse

device          vga             # VGA video card driver

device          splash          # Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc

# Enable this for the pcvt (VT220 compatible) console driver
#device         vt
#options        XSERVER         # support for X server on a vt console
#options        FAT_CURSOR      # start with block cursor

device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device          npx

# Power management support (see NOTES for more options)
#device         apm
# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.
device          pmtimer

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
# PCMCIA and cardbus bridge support
#device         cbb             # cardbus (yenta) bridge
#device         pccard          # PC Card (16-bit) bus
#device         cardbus         # CardBus (32-bit) bus

# Serial (COM) ports
device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

# Parallel port
device          ppc
device          ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
device          lpt             # Printer
device          plip            # TCP/IP over parallel
device          ppi             # Parallel port interface device
#device         vpo             # Requires scbus and da

# If you've got a "dumb" serial or parallel PCI card that is
# supported by the puc(4) glue driver, uncomment the following
# line to enable it (connects to the sio and/or ppc drivers):
#device         puc

# PCI Ethernet NICs.
device          de              # DEC/Intel DC21x4x (``Tulip'')
device          em              # Intel PRO/1000 adapter Gigabit Ethernet Card
device          ixgb            # Intel PRO/10GbE Ethernet Card
device          txp             # 3Com 3cR990 (``Typhoon'')
device          vx              # 3Com 3c590, 3c595 (``Vortex'')

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs!
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          bfe             # Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 Ethernet
device          bge             # Broadcom BCM570xx Gigabit Ethernet
device          dc              # DEC/Intel 21143 and various workalikes
device          fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)
device          lge             # Level 1 LXT1001 gigabit ethernet
device          nge             # NatSemi DP83820 gigabit ethernet
device          pcn             # AMD Am79C97x PCI 10/100 (precedence over 'lnc')
device          re              # RealTek 8139C+/8169/8169S/8110S
device          rl              # RealTek 8129/8139
device          sf              # Adaptec AIC-6915 (``Starfire'')
device          sis             # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS 900/SiS 7016
device          sk              # SysKonnect SK-984x & SK-982x gigabit Ethernet
device          ste             # Sundance ST201 (D-Link DFE-550TX)
device          ti              # Alteon Networks Tigon I/II gigabit Ethernet
device          tl              # Texas Instruments ThunderLAN
device          tx              # SMC EtherPower II (83c170 ``EPIC'')
device          vge             # VIA VT612x gigabit ethernet
device          vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II
device          wb              # Winbond W89C840F
device          xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

# ISA Ethernet NICs.  pccard NICs included.
device          cs              # Crystal Semiconductor CS89x0 NIC
# 'device ed' requires 'device miibus'
device          ed              # NE[12]000, SMC Ultra, 3c503, DS8390 cards
device          ex              # Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+
device          ep              # Etherlink III based cards
device          fe              # Fujitsu MB8696x based cards
device          ie              # EtherExpress 8/16, 3C507, StarLAN 10 etc.
device          lnc             # NE2100, NE32-VL Lance Ethernet cards
device          sn              # SMC's 9000 series of Ethernet chips
device          xe              # Xircom pccard Ethernet

# ISA devices that use the old ISA shims
#device         le

# Wireless NIC cards
#device         wlan            # 802.11 support
#device         an              # Aironet 4500/4800 802.11 wireless NICs.
#device         awi             # BayStack 660 and others
#device         wi              # WaveLAN/Intersil/Symbol 802.11 wireless NICs.
#device         wl              # Older non 802.11 Wavelan wireless NIC.

# Pseudo devices.
device          loop            # Network loopback
device          mem             # Memory and kernel memory devices
device          io              # I/O device
device          random          # Entropy device
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          sl              # Kernel SLIP
device          ppp             # Kernel PPP
device          tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          md              # Memory "disks"
device          gif             # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
device          faith           # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)

# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

# USB support
#device         uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
#device         ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
#device         usb             # USB Bus (required)
#device         udbp            # USB Double Bulk Pipe devices
#device         ugen            # Generic
#device         uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
#device         ukbd            # Keyboard
#device         ulpt            # Printer
#device         umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
#device         ums             # Mouse
#device         urio            # Diamond Rio 500 MP3 player
#device         uscanner        # Scanners
# USB Ethernet, requires mii
#device         aue             # ADMtek USB Ethernet
#device         axe             # ASIX Electronics USB Ethernet
#device         cue             # CATC USB Ethernet
#device         kue             # Kawasaki LSI USB Ethernet
#device         rue             # RealTek RTL8150 USB Ethernet

# FireWire support
#device         firewire        # FireWire bus code
#device         sbp             # SCSI over FireWire (Requires scbus and da)
#device         fwe             # Ethernet over FireWire (non-standard!)

# ISDN Section I4B
device          ifpi
device          "i4bq921"
device          "i4bq931"