Date:      15 Aug 2002 11:19:27 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Quincey Koziol <koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: balsa port problems

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 07:16, Quincey Koziol wrote:
> Howdy,
>     I'm having problems getting the balsa port to build/re-build.  I had
> balsa-1.3.6 installed and attempted to upgrade it with 'portupgrade -rR balsa',
> which failed due to whining about the LDAP library being missing (although I
> had openldap installed).  So, I deinstalled balsa with 'pkg_delete -dr
> balsa-1.3.6' and attempted to re-installed it with 'portupgrade -rRN balsa',
> but still no go.  :-(
>     So, I rebuilt the openldap port with 'portupgrade -f openldap' and attempted
> the install balsa again with 'portupgrade -rRN balsa', but now its failing with
> the following problem:

Back to those CFLAGS again.... ;-)...only that's not the problem.

Your problem is you have quite a few components still linked against an
old version of libintl.so.  Let's have a look.

libglade-gnome.so is linked against libintl.so.1 which is no longer on
your system.  Upgrading devel/libglade should fix this.  You might also
want to reinstall x11/gnomelibs as you seem to be missing a few
headers.  If you still have a problem, chances are you have a few old
include directories lingering about in /usr/X11R6/include.  An ls -l of
that directory will tell me what they are.

Joe