Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:02:20 -0500
From:      "Misty Linville" <misty@kconline.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fbsd 3.1 doesn't like s3virge video card

Hello list,

Freebsd 3.1 (and possibly earlier versions) don't seem to like my s3virge
card.  In the console, random characters get changed to other characters,
including spaces and extended-ascii characters, and they often change colors
as well.  Also, pasting doesn't happen very well at all, usually.  I took
out the s3v card and used an old s3-trio64 card, and didn't have the problem
at all.  The old card is crappy for xwindows though, so I would rather use
the new one.  Has anyone else encountered this problem, and how did you fix
it?  Thanks very much!

~Misty