Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 18:22:14 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cant mount root device?

hello,
I have a hard disk which has freebsd 3.2 stable on it
I have put it to secondary hdd controller and it did not work
there. I have also put it to primary master and slave and
at primary controller it works fine in all conditions
also I have checked the kernel config file and set
config kernel root on wd2
well also when it was set to wd0, it was working on both
primary slave and primary master position.
and then I tried to change the root partition to /dev/wd2s1a
and disk2s1a from the boot loader program with set rootdev command

but I always get the same error message
trying to mount root partition on wd1s1
and then  it says
trying to mount root partition on wd1s1a
then it says
panic cant mount root partition......

what is wrong?

Evren

| Name       : Evren Yurtesen - yurtesen@ispro.net.tr     |
| Job Title  : Technical Consultant & System Administrator|
| Work Tel.  : +90-232-2463992                            |
| Mobile Tel.: +90-542-6854748                            |