Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:31:26 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>, Andre Oppermann <oppermann@telehouse.ch>, Andre Oppermann <oppermann@monzoon.net>, Duncan Barclay <dmlb@dmlb.org>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use of if_ef for 802.11 interfaces?

--==_Exmh_280080484P

If memory serves me right, Brooks Davis wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:26:04PM -0700, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
> > Also it will be interesting how we support LEAP that requires a user name
> > passwd to be entered.  I'm just starting to investigate that.
>
> I beleve windows does this via a tray icon.  It seems to me that this
> problem is probably best handled by an entierly different machanism.

I think for Windows, LEAP authentication works by grabbing the username
from the Windows network login.  I dimly remember some of the user
documentation with screenshots showing something to this effect also.

Clearly this doesn't work for a multiuser *NIX box, for the reasons you
pointed out...I haven't played with the Linux utilities to see what
they do.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_280080484P

--==_Exmh_280080484P--