Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:34:48 -0500
To:        Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD ARM <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: RFT: Please help testing the llvm/clang 3.5.0 import

Dimitry Andric writes:

>  >    - Could a "MK_CLANG_ALL_TARGETS" or something similar option be
>  > added to src.opts.mk to fine tune this process for those of us who
>  > don't want to build a cross-compile toolchain every iteration for our
>  > target MACHINE/MACHINE_ARCH?
>
>  I would be fine with something like this, as long as it is turned off by
>  default, or if it is only used for the bootstrap stages.  It is actually
>  an extremely useful feature of clang that you can target multiple
>  architectures with one compiler binary.

	Point of information: this seems useful for developers, and
(almost entirely) useless for everyone else.  Are there other
cohorts that want this badly?
	If that's correct, and there's a simple switch for
configuration ... why should this default to what's useful for the
(much?) smaller number of people?  About what am I ignorant?

	Curiously,

			Robert Huff