Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:39:28 +0200
From:      CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
To:        Rod Person <rodperson@rodperson.com>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sharing file between OSes with UDF

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Rod Person <rodperson@rodperson.com> wrote=
:
> On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:10:23 +0200
> CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl> wrote:
>
>> Here is a nice comparison of UDF support. I was also wondering about
>> that some years ago :-)
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format
>>

> Thanks.  I was fearing that FreeBSD was read only. OS X even
> newfs_udf.  Would how hard it would be to port NetBSD's version? I've
> maintained a few ports...but this one might be a little beyond me :(

I guess newfs works on a file, so it should be possible to port it
easily. UDF support would be nice, even as part of FUSE...

     The newfs utility is used to initialize and clear file systems before
     first use.  The newfs utility builds a file system on the specified sp=
e=E2=80=90
     cial file.  (We often refer to the =E2=80=9Cspecial file=E2=80=9D as t=
he =E2=80=9Cdisk=E2=80=9D, although
     the special file need not be a physical disk.  In fact, it need not ev=
en
     be special.)  Typically the defaults are reasonable, however newfs has
     numerous options to allow the defaults to be selectively overridden.

--=20