Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:27:22 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Building an FAQ aka Solving the Mozilla problem

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:40:22AM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> 8. Try rebuilding print/freetype2, x11-fonts/fontconfig, and
> x11-fonts/Xft.

I was also seeing when trying to rebuild phoenix to get AA font
support.  My problem turned out to be old freetype files in
/usr/X11R6.  I don't know why they weren't being deleted by the port
upgrade process.

I found them following the example in the pkg_which(1) manpage,
removed them (you'll also need to remove the dangling symlinks that
this may leave behind [1], or X ports may break at install-time
(mkhtmlindex doesn't like dangling symlinks)), rebuilt phoenix with
portupgrade -Rf phoenix, and now it works.

Kris

[1] I used the following script to find the dangling symlinks:

#!/bin/sh

for i in $(find $1 -type l); do
        if [ ! -e $i/ ]; then
                echo $i