Date:      25 Jan 2003 14:58:51 -0500
From:      Mykroft Holmes IV <mykroft@explosive.mail.net>
To:        Brian McCann <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple question about X

You shouldn't even need to configure X if you are exporting the display.
X needs to be installed merely for the support apps & libraries.

Make sure your DISPLAY Variable is set to windowshostname:0 where 0 is
the number of your display (And it should be 0 by default).

Then from the command line, run the app, it should appear on your
Windows Desktop.

Adam