Date:      Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:02:19 -0500
From:      Jon Disnard <diz@linuxpowered.com>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Choosing a new laptop

Get an I-book

Seems that a bunch of speakers at various talks I've participated have
been using ibooks in an increasing frequency. Oh wait, was fbsd a
requirment for the laptop? If so, then I would advise a Dell laptop. I
would avoid Toshiba's, and Sony's. The reason is support, albeit a issue
of personal taste more than anything. The dell website is now of major
suck, where it used to be as simply as providing a service tag. The
Toshibas actually have crappy construction, and are prone to simply yet
anoying breakage. I've hear the sony stuff has weird hardware and
doesn't always support the community with specs. I hope this at lease
narrows your scope of possible candidates. =)

-Jon