Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2018 05:15:22 -0500
From:      Peter Holvenstot <spamlessone@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Infiniband documentation outdated

Also, for me /etc/src.conf did not exist by default and adding
WITH_OFED='yes' did not help, I got a build error with a generic kernel
with the appropriate device and option flags added (nor did
WITH_OFED="YES").  It appears that this might need to be added as a
command-line arg when doing buildkernel, rather than as a src.conf
parameter... unless they are supposed to be equivalent functionality wise?
Not sure if the suggestions I read on forums were correct or not here,
after I got the kernel modules to load successfully I abandoned attempting
to build it into the kernel, but I could not successfully build the kernel
by following the documentation here (again, as of 12.0-RELEASE).

Might be newbie mistakes, I'm just transitioning from Linux to FreeBSD, but
the documentation appears to have possibly drifted at least somewhat from
the codebase here on 12.0 release.