Date:      Fri, 06 Apr 2001 22:28:48 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        dive@endersgame.net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acd1: CD-RW <MATSHITA CD-RW CW-7585> at ata1-master using PIO4

I use only Plextor drives to avoid problems (usually), but here are some
general tips that may halp and that you may have already been told, some
which may be obvious:

Try getting a firmware update from: http://www.cw7585.cjb.net/

Try using different CD-Rs. When I use cheap CDrs and write any faster than
8x (or sometimes any faster than 4x) the burn fails almost every time.

If it's an ATAPI drive, try making it the master/single on its own cable. If
it is on a separate controller, like the Asus A7V's Promise controller, try
putting it on the main integrated controller.

Hope this helps.