Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 15:15:16 +0200
From:      Alain Jourez <Alain.Jourez@helios.iihe.ac.be>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Avoid Page swapping.

Hi there,

Is there a way to prevent some page  (data, possibly dynamically
assigned) from a process to be swapped ?
I've heard it was possible but how ?

I beleive the sticky bit was used historically to prevent a whole
process to be swapped. What is the precise meaning of it ?

The usage I intend is to avoid swapping sensitive data like Crypto keys,
so locking the whole process in memory is not realy useful.

Thanks

--
                      Alain Jourez
          Service  T=E9l=E9matique et  Communication

Universit=E9 Libre de Bruxelles   T=E9l. +32 (0) 2 650 57 04
Boulevard du Triomphe, CP 230   Fax  +32 (0) 2 629 38 16
B-1050 Bruxelles - Belgium      mailto:alain.jourez@helios.iihe.ac.be