Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 21:24:17 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Thomas Schuerger <schuerge@wjpserver.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PNP problems

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Thomas Schuerger wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I built and installed a new world today. My last make world
> was some months ago.
>
> It seems that the boot loader has changed. Now, my AWE64
> soundcard is not detected anymore.
>
> My kernel.config looks like this
>
> pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5
> pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20
>
> This syntax no longer seems to be supported, instead, the following commands
> may be used:

> What can I do in order to reenable my soundcard?
>
> Any help is appreciated!

Please try using the new pcm driver if you are not already. You should be
able to do this by having these lines in your kernel config:

	controller pnp0
	device pcm0

Note that you must not have an old-style non-pnp declaration (i.e. device
pcm0 at isa? ...) since that currently confuses the pnp system.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com