Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:36:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   successfull SMP / current on duel P-III box. Yahhhh.  I've successfully brought -current up in SMP on a  duel P-III box.

    I have one problem, though.  During the kernel boot:

	isa_dmainit(2, 1024) failed

    And, of course, any access to something that needs isa
    dma (e.g. floppy) panics.  It's a large-memory machine (1G).
    I was under the impression that this was supposed to be fixed
    in the vm/vm_page.c commit:

	vm/vm_page.c
	revision 1.128
	date: 1999/03/19 05:21:03;  author: alc;  state: Exp;  lines: +8 -2
	Construct the free queue(s) in descending order (by physical
	address) so that the first 16MB of physical memory is allocated
	last rather than first.  On large-memory machines, this avoids
	the exhaustion of low physical memory before isa_dmainit has run.

    Anyone have any ideas?

					-Matt