Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:46:42 -0800
From:      Ricardo Oliva <ricardo@zoology.ubc.ca>
To:        <keith@smmc.qld.edu.au>, "Free bsd " <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Port 3306 <-- Solved!! Thanks

Hi Keith,

Since you are on the matter, I would also recommend using your firewall to
stop unwanted requests to that port. For example, try instead of any,
allowing your webserver (in case of webdriven websites) and only servers that
need to have access to your database. You don't need anyone trying to play
around with your database. :)

Cheers
Ricardo

On Thursday 06 March 2003 07:30 pm, keith@smmc.qld.edu.au wrote:
> [...]