Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:42:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Jayson Alvarez <jay2xra@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make fails because of missing library but I can see it's there, why???

Hi,
  This always happens to me whenever I'm compiling
third party applications. Make fails because it says
that it cannot find a certain library.. and when I try
to search for that file, I usually finds it. For
example, I'm compiling, nagios-plugins but it fails
with this error messages:

check_ldap.c:31:18: lber.h: No such file or directory
check_ldap.c:32:18: ldap.h: No such file or directory

but when I run:
# find / -name "ldap.h" -print
/usr/lib/ldap.h
/usr/local/lib/ldap.h
/usr/local/include/ldap.h
noc# find / -name "lber.h" -print
/usr/lib/lber.h
/usr/local/lib/lber.h
/usr/local/include/lber.h

See.. it's all there! I'm thinking perhaps there's a
way for me to tell a compiler that the system wide
library files are found in that certain directory.

Any idea??

Thanks!