Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:17:02 +1200
From:      Richard B Mahoney <rbm49@rbm49.tacacs.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        Subscribers to FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Go `Fetch'

Dear Readers,

I've at small breathing space at the moment to fix a problem with
`fetch'. Its been bothering me for a while. Hopefully someone can
help.

`Fetch' has never worked for me. I haven't been able to get it
through the varsity ftp proxy. The upshot is that I've collected
all tar balls by hand and only then compiled programmes. Instead,
it would be so good just execute `make' and to let the machine
just get on with it.

The ftp proxy I have to get through uses RADIUS. It goes like
this:

ncftp> open ftpproxy.canterbury.ac.nz

Connecting to 132.181.3.233...

Welcome to the University of Canterbury FTP Gateway

At the User prompt enter login details in the form:

<ftp_server_username>@<IT_username>@<ftp_server>

Then at the Password prompt enter passwords in the form:

<ftp_server_password>@<IT_password>

I was wondering if `/etc/make.conf' could be adjusted to take
care of all this. At present I have:

USA_RESIDENT=NO
FTP_PROXY=ftpproxy.canterbury.ac.nz
FTP_LOGIN=IT_username
FTP_PASSWORD=IT_password
HTTP_PROXY=wwwproxy.canterbury.ac.nz

Any help would be much approciated.

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
78 Jeffreys Rd                                      +64-3-351-5831