Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 09:14:31 -0400
From:      Clay Jones <clay@clay-jones.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.8 install issues

I downloaded the 4.8 iso images from freebsd.org and began an install
on a box I recently built for this purpose.  I could not find a
description of the various CDs (CD1, CD2, CDmini), so I grabbed them
all.   I'm still not sure what the purpose of each is, but I started
with CD1 (seemed logical).

I had no trouble following the manual to get the installation going,
however I have two problems:

1)  There are only 6 network adapters listed in the kernel config
screen, and the Realtec is not one of them.  Realtec cards are
supposedly supported according to the hardware compatibility list.

2)  Towards the end of the installation, I get the following error:
"unable to get packages/INDEX"

I'm left with a bootable and what appears to be a fully functional
system when sysinstall is complete, except of course, I have no network
accessibility.

Can anyone clarify these issues for me?

Thanks...