Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:38:53 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
Cc:        gerard@seibercom.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portsnap: Cowardly Gives Up After Failure

On 2008.03.09 14:36:49 +0100, Rene Ladan wrote:
> Gerard schreef:
> > I just saw this 'portsnap' error message for the first time.
> >

> > Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 4 mirrors found.
> > Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap2.FreeBSD.org... done.
> > Latest snapshot on server is older than what we already have!
> > Cowardly refusing to downgrade from Fri Mar  7 15:23:43 EST 2008
> > to Fri Mar  7 10:15:54 EST 2008.
> >
> I see this happening about half the times I run portsnap.  The
> erroneous image is always from March 7.

The most likely cause of the problem is that the data portsnap is
trying to fetch is out of date either bacause of the mirror being
(partially?) broken or e.g. a broken proxy in between.

Is the working or non-working related to a particular portsnap server?

--
Simon L. Nielsen
Hat: portsnap co-admin