Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:47:21 -0500
From:      Josh Thomas <jdt2101@ksu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ADSL Modem, router, pppoe, and a partridge in a pear tree

I have dsl service from Southwestern bell, which limits my upstream bandwidth
to 128 kbit.  They use pppoe with a dhcp.  I was talking to an isp network
admin who told me his little secret.  He talked to swbell, got a list of
routers from them, and it turns out one of them does not support pppoe.  Of
course, he ordered that one.  Because of this, for some reason, he tells me
that they were not able to limit his bandwidth usage to 128 kbit, so he is
getting 1.5 Mbit speeds.  Is he having acid flashbacks, or is this be correct?
 Should pppoe be necessary for this bandwidth cap?  Should I have more
statements that end with a question mark?  I'll stop now?

Josh?