Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:59:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        wash@wananchi.com (Odhiambo Washington)
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installing KDE-3.1.3 on 5.1-REL

> I am trying to install KDE, but it fails with the message that it requires
> a working libXext.

I installed KDE from the original 5.1-RELEASE, did a cvsup to get the
source tree and ports tree upgraded, ran "pkgdb -F" and "portupgrade -a"
and I'm now running KDE 3.1.3.

Only problem I have (minor) is an error message at boot which seems to have
no effect.  I am running kdbm instead of xdm for a graphical login, and
when kdm starts is when I get the error message.

Mike Squires