Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:30:41 -0400
From:      Matthias Trevarthan <trevarthan@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD C/C++ Development Environment

Howdy.

I'm a Windows C/C++ DirectX developer turned FreeBSD systems administrato=
r.

What is the standard development environment on FreeBSD systems for C/C++=
?

Does everyone really just use a Makefile, and editor like VIM, and a=20
command-line compiler? Or is that just the distributed format, and everyo=
ne=20
uses something else to actually write/debug their code?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance. I've been using Microsoft Visual Stu=
dio=20
for the last 6 years.

Thanks!

Matthias