Date:      Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:13:51 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   serial port programming

Hi all,

It has been some time since I've done any serial port programming
and I find myself in need of a piece of code to get/set CTS, DTR,
and RTS, as well as being able to write stuff to the port.  Writing
stuff to the port I got.  I'm pretty sure I can (re)set DTR using
ioctl(2).  This is where my memory gets fuzzy.  I believe to set
CTS and RTS I need to be using termios along with tcsetattr and
tcgetattr.  Can anyone help refresh my memory and point me to the
FAQ or better yet some example code?

Thanks.

-steve