Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:30:11 -0500
From:      "Bob Perry" <rperry4@earthlink.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tape Backup Failure Following Reinstallation of 4.7

Just installed/upgraded to 4.7-RELEASE.  I tried to restore some 4.5 config
files from my tape system and received a message, "Device not configured".
The tape cartridge had not been inserted so I pushed it in and tried again.
This time the message read, "Input/Output error".  I'm a newbie so I was
surprised since the tape system worked under 4.5 and it worked following an
earlier binary upgrade to 4.7.

I noticed that the SCSI controller was sharing irq 11 with the graphics
card.  Could that be the problem?  If so, I can make that adjustment when I
install a new Nvidia card.

Also found that the kernel lists the SCSI controller device as "adv0  at
isa?"  This isn't the way it appears when I run dmesg.

Any advice would be appreciated.