Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:24:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Pilz <tech@squid.tznet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAID Level 5

We're looking at AMI's and other Raid Level 5 cards.. we'll be running FreeBSD 4.2. We'll have four hard drives to do this with (this will be a mail server).

I, honestly, think that raid 5 is overkill.. But the company that I work for does not.

Price apparently isn't an issue.. so, lets have some fun with this.. what type of expensive, yet, GOOD reliable cards and equipment do you recommend for raid level 5 on FreeBSD 4.2 that is supported? We found numerous ones listed out there on the mailing lists, however, no model numbers?

Thanks.