Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:19:54 -0500
From:      <mikenoc@mindspring.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-Newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   x windows fatal server error when not root.

 Hello,

 When I am root I can run x windows fine but when I am not root I get the following error. How could I go about fixing this ?

  Thanks in advance,

    Mike

frogger# uname -a
FreeBSD frogger.nuggie.net 4.5-RC FreeBSD 4.5-RC #0: Wed Jan 16 20:09:57 EST 2002     root@frogger.nuggie.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/FROGGER  i386
frogger#

Fatal server error:
xf86OpenConsole: Server must be running with root permissions
You should be using Xwrapper to start the server or xdm.
We strongly advise against making the server SUID root!
When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "frogger.nuggie.net:0" in "remove" command
su-2.04$