Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 1997 23:23:53 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: My monitor's got the Shakes...

Maybe it's degaussing when it shouldn't be?  Is there a buzz when the
wiggling happens?  If so, maybe you have a loose connection in the
deguassing button that is causing it to happen intermittently.

>> > Oh, lovely.  I'm reading this on a 3.5 year old 17" MAG.

>> What model?

>I have two, of nearly the same vintage, DX-17F I think.  It's really
>inconvenient to turn it upside down and search out the exact model number.
>One has the little LCD readout (the older one) and one hasn't.
>
>I wish they hadn't stopped making the LCD readout, it's been very
>convenient to have instant verification of the mode.

They didn't, to my knowledge.  The ones with the LCD are the Mag
MXP17F.  I have two of them sitting right here in front of, and behind
me.  One is less than a year old.

Not stellar in build quality.  I've burnt out one of them twice (the
horizontal sync circuitry, actually), by running it at too high a dot
clock speed (it was within their published specs, but very close to
the limit).

But they have an excellent picture for the price, and very high
refresh/clock rates.  Just leave a little buffer between what they
publish, and what you really try to run at.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.