Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2006 18:09:59 +0100 (CET)
From:      <pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/91293: [svr4] [patch] *Experimental* Update to the SVR4 emulation (from NetBSD)

--- Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> ha scritto:

> > What is left on the patch at this point are only bug fixes to panics and
> > overflows from the NetBSD port. This is not something I can test on amd64
> and
> > rebuilding a kernel on qemu is painfully slow.
>
> Unfortunately this makes it unlikely anyone will commit your fixes,
> since they're untested.

They are tested... on NetBSD. In any case it's not easy to find an application
that will exercise a buffer overflow or a fix in sysconf.

I'm actually in no hurry for getting them committed, I'm satisfied that there
IS a patch and someone wanting to work on this will find it easier to catch on.

That said, I will probably try reinstalling 1386 in the future.

cheers,

   Pedro.

http://mail.yahoo.it