Date:      Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:55:17 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD bugs <FreeBSD-bugs@FreeBSD.org>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   HEADS UP: Possible breakage in fetchmail package on 4.2-RELEASE CD-ROMs

I've just installed 4.2-RELEASE from CD-ROM for a demonstration.  I
included the fetchmail port on the CD, which ran fine--until I
realised that it had deleted the mail at the source and not stored it
anywhere.  On this (presumably vanilla) installation it was perfectly
repeatable.  I then deleted the fetchmail package and built it from
the port.  This build worked fine.

I don't have time to dig into the cause of the problem.  It's possible
that there's something wrong in the installation (it was done by a
beginner with only a little supervision on my part), but in any case,
if you plan to use this package, make sure you save the original mail
files before trying it.  If anybody can shed light on the problem
here, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.