Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:11:43 -0500
From:      Ken Lowther <klowther@cisnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 32 bit compatability

Peter Wemm wrote

>The 32 bit libraries are built as part of buildworld/installworld.
>However, if you still have a fresh world laying around, you might be
>able to build just the libraries part like this:
>cd /usr/src;
>make build32
>make install32
>
>If you have any trouble, then do a full buildworld etc and they will be
>included with it.

OK.  This may be where I am going wrong.  I did an install kernel
sources during the install, but some of the commands will not work for me.

Mergemaster is not on my machine and "make buildworld" does not seem to
work.  I have tried to issue it from /usr/src and /usr/src/sys.  I was
under the impression from the Handbook that I only needed to do these
after an upgrade any how.  Off list some one suggested I would have to
upgrade from  Release to Stable.

Ken