Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:26:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Sameer R. Manek" <manek@ecst.csuchico.edu>
To:        Deborah Hooker <deb@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup frequency?

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Deborah Hooker wrote:
> I'm running 3.1-STABLE on a box that I depend on, but that isn't
> mission critical (seems like a good description of a box that should
> be running -STABLE, from what I've seen).  How often does it make
> sense to cvsup/make world?  (Not counting when I see particular fixes
> that I want to incorporate.)  I'm thinking about just on a regular
> basis sort of tracking of stable, here.

Depends really, some people cvsup daily because the activly track
the development. I cvsup once a week, when it won't clog the modem
too badly.

I generally stall on the make world, and do that once every few weeks,
just because it takes too long (about 3 hours), though I tend to rebuild
the kernel since that's usually just a minute or so.

Sameer