Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:56:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
Cc:        Matt Rudderham <matt@researcher.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem With DEC NIC

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Harry Woodward-Clarke wrote:

> Hullo Matt,
>
> the 'le' driver (DEC DE20x - Etherworks series NICs) in FreeBSD V4 is
> 'broken'. This was reported by a friend of mine here in Oz (he & I both
> worked for DEC, he's still with compaq). The reference is
> <http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=18641>. The only reply to
> the above 'gnats' report is a confirmation that it is 'still broken'.

It was also submitted by me on 12 Jun as kern/19219 regarding all DE20x
NICs and including -STABLE up to that date. It remains as "open" as
your friend's. The total lack of reaction to these PRs is disappointing.

You'll just have to stick with 3.x if you want to keep your DE20x cards.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/