Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 02:13:01 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        danh@marlo.eagle.ca (Dan Harp)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID Controller Recommendation

On 10 Aug 2000 15:42:08 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>We are in search of a RAID/SCSI controller that is compatible with FreeBSD
>3.51.
>
>Here are some of the systems specs:
>
>-Asus P2B-F Motherboard
>-x2 12GB Seagate Ultra/SCSI-II
>
>Preferrably the card be under $1000 CDN.
>
>We picked up an Adaptec AAA-131U2 SGL (RAID) card, but FreeBSD does not
>want to use it.
>
>Any *hacks* to get this card to work?

No hacks.  You are best off going to FreeBSD 4.x. See
http://www.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID
for info on what is supported.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)