Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:12:22 -0800
From:      "Remington L." <madriax@garlic.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USB Printer setup

FreeBSD bathory.aria 4.7-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p3 #1: Thu Jan
23 11:12:16 PST 2003
root@bathory.aria:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TheGateV1  i386

For the past few days ive been attempting to set up my printer and i've
had no luck. I have a HP Deskjet 3420, "ulpt0: hp deskjet 3420, rev
2.00/1.00, addr 3, iclass 7/1". This morning i set up my /etc/printcap
like this:

# HP Deskjet 3420
lp|lj|HP Deskjet 3420:\
    :lp=/dev/ulpt0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:\
    :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:sh:mx#0:\
    :if=/usr/local/libexec/lpfilter:\

I also edited my /etc/rc.conf to
lpd_enable="YES"

And then i rebooted and tried to print something: cat /etc/rc.conf >
/dev/ulpt0
And nothing printed. Any suggestions on what i'm doing wrong?