Date:      Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:23:03 -0600
From:      "J. Buck Caldwell" <freebsd@bitparts.org>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with IBM xSeries 226 with ServeRAID 6i+ using FreeBSD 5.3

Scott Long wrote:

> J. Buck Caldwell wrote:
>
>> Any help would be appreciated. Requests for more detail will be
>> answered promptly.
>
> It sounds very much like an interrupt routing problem.  Have you tried
> the 5.4-BETA CD?
>
> Scott

No help. Booting normally brings me to the same point - "ips0: resetting
adapter, make take 5 minutes" - then nothing. System just hangs. Also,
after that point, hitting the power button will not power-off the
machine (of course, holding it in will). Anytime before that point,
hitting the power button will turn the power off instantly.