Date:      Sun, 6 May 2001 17:36:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Harkirat Singh <singh@pdx.edu>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   TCP timers - callout

Hello!

	I am doing a project and wanted to copy the value of tcp timers
for my own use, in the earlier versions (2.2.7 & 3.4) it was simple to
copy the value of all the tcp timers as there was #define TCPT_NTIMERS and
then one can simply copy these timers as

	tp->myt_rxtcur = tp->t_rxtcur;

	so own for all the four timers.

I am working on Release-4.2 and found that it uses various callout()
macros which register thse timers with the kernel and then kernel will
check after cartian fix time about the status of the timers.

I want to know is there any documentation about functionality of
callout macros as Stevens Volume II does'nt have much of the details about
it.

Thanks,

Harkirat Singh