Date:      08 Dec 1997 23:43:39 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [hackers:] Architectural advice needed

Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> writes:

> [
> Removed Kirk from the list, he doesn't need to here about FreeBSD
> politics.
> ]
>
> > > Ah this would be the CLOSED LIST to which I have not been admitted though
> > > I have asked to join several times, yes?
> >
> > Actually, that list hasn't been used for over a year and should
> > probably be retired.  I don't think it ever fulfilled its purpose.
>
> That's because no-one ever talks about architecture stuff anymore, and
> just 'implements' nowadays.  I think it *could* fulfill its purpose if
> it was actually promoted/used.  I would have used it in the past if I
> thought it would be monitored, although it wasn't.  Could we consider it
> 'back in use' for questions such as Julians?

I'd guess that was a good idea - both -hackers and -current seems
overloaded, and a not-so-public list might mean that key developers
could both follow the 'high-level' discussions and have time to
actually do development.

OTOH: I didn't see how the list died, so I can't say that 'the time is
ripe'.  If the list goes active, I'd like to join if possible, though
:-)

Eivind.