Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2005 05:32:37 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Godwin Stewart <gstewart@bonivet.net>
Subject:   Re: Old version of bison

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 04:13 am, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 03:55:42 -0800, Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
wrote:
> > If you have an uptodate port system you will find
> >
> > Port:   bison-1.875_4
>
> Indeed.
>
> That'll teach me to hit [tab] twice after typing
> /usr/ports/devel/bison

What I find handy is a perl script called portsearch. It is located in
ports/Tools/scripts/

I moved it into a directory in my path. Then, I added an
alias search    'portsearch -n $1'

You can do interesting things like
search ^bison
Where the port name begins with bison. There are a number of other
interesting options. They are covered in a README.

Make search does something similar but the output from portsearch is
cleaner.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart