Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:29:40 +0800
From:      Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
To:        Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd as pppoe server problem

At 05:12 PM 11/7/2005, you wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 05:05:45PM +0800, Ganbold wrote:
>G> I'm trying to configure mpd as a pppoe server in FreeBSD 5.3. However ADSL
>G> user can't log in to pppoe server.
>G> Nothing happens on mpd console.
>
>Do you see PPPoE PADI packets with help of tcpdump?

Gleb, I got it working. I have several questions:

In log it says:
[PPPoE] LCP: phase shift AUTHENTICATE --> NETWORK
[PPPoE] setting interface ng0 MTU to 1480 bytes
[PPPoE] up: 1 link, total bandwidth 64000 bps
[PPPoE:PPPoE] show link
Link PPPoE:
Configuration
         MRU            : 1500 bytes
         Ctrl char map  : 0x000a0000 bytes
         Retry timeout  : 2 seconds
         Max redial     : -1 connect attempts
         Bandwidth      : 64000 bits/sec

Can I change the bandwidth of my customer? Basically I would like to
configure it in DSLAM, not in mpd server.
Is it possible to change it in mpd?

thanks,

Ganbold