Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:22:29 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use of the UNIX Trademark

For how many years has the web site said that?  Quite a few, I should think.

Trademarks aren't enforcable if they don't have a history of being enforced,
and this can probably be fought by establishing a long history of usage.

[Best way to do this might be to establish the history and present it to the
company in terms of "if you don't back off and make some deal with us, then
we'll fight this".]

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

-------> Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  (let him go home)  <-----------