Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:23:56 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Otter <otter@otter.cc>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Line Wrapping (Was: Re: Setting up a Webserver)

On Sat, 08 Apr 2000, Otter wrote:
> Frederik Meerwaldt wrote:
> >
> > Hi!

> > > 70 allows a few levels of ">" quote characters without lines being too
> > > long for an 80 character terminal.  But wrapping at 80 is still better
> > > than not wrapping at all.
> >
> > But why wrap the lines? All programs do that automatically, I think.
> > I'm using pine for my mails, and it does this automatically.
> >
> > But please correct me, if I'm wrong.
> >
> > Regards,
> >         Freddy
>
> Freddy,
> You're wrong. I'm using Netscape mail. If the sender doesn't set the
> lines to wrap then it goes off the screen and i have to follow the
> text out there... if I'm interested in reading it. For those with text
> mail apps, it's even more of a pain in the ass. With text, you have to
> chase each line out there. It's not folks being picky. Consider it as
> a gesture of them pointing you in the direction of what's understood
> as common courtesy.
> Regards,
> Otter
> p.s. in case you're wondering, mine's set to 70

Why not turn on line wrapping in Netscape? It's in Edit/Preferences/
Mail&Newsgroups/Messages. Allows you to specify the column to
wrap the lines. Not that I use Netscape mail, I use KMail and it also
does line wrapping at whatever column you specify.

--
Chip
www.wiegand.org

*****  Look past your Windoze and experience
                 something New!   *****

Visit my web site - Alternative Operating Systems