Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2012 02:30:58 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best Mini PCI_e_ Atheros card with a, b, g, n and 2x2 MIMO? Or, at least, good one?

Hello, Adrian.
You wrote 27 =E0=E2=E3=F3=F1=F2=E0 2012 =E3., 2:26:08:

AC> If you manage to get an 11n NIC for your soekris and you can bring up
  I  have  one  :)  And  it works great now. But system hangs up under
802.11n load (I suspect overheat, really). And 40Mbit wire-2-wire
transfer with lots of stream (torrents) kills any wifi transfer,
mostly due to high interrupt rate on old PCI-based 1G Intel card (it
shows about 4K interrupts per second, with interrupt moderation
enabled!). But only System -> em0 transfer (Download from server's
point of view). I'm investigating this now and post all my results to
current@ and net@.

AC> hwpmc in your nanobsd build, we can start doing some performance
AC> measurements. I'd really, really like some CPU utilisation traces on
AC> embedded hardware so we can speed things up.
  I'm not sure, that Geode has hwpmc at all. I found this:

 http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D156540

  It looks, like there is no hwpmc for this old embedded CPU.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>