Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:47:56 -0800
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Tom Hukins <tom@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ntpd v4.2 problem

Tom Hukins wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:08:21PM -0800, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
>>The handbook seem to give wrong information about ntp and the manual
>>page of ntp.conf is ?old? maybe?
>>
>>The notrust option obviously changed between v4.1 and v4.2...
>>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-ntp.html
>

> Thanks for reporting this.  I wrote this part of the Handbook and I'm
> about to commit a change to reflect this that should show up on the
> Web site in the next day or so.
>
> For more details, see:
> http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/ConfRestrict
> http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/accopt.html
>
> Tom

 From NTP.CONF(5),
	notrust
	Treat these hosts normally in other respects, but never
	use them as synchronization sources.

It seems to me that the manual pages are a little bit behind compared to
info at http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/accopt.html

notrust
Deny service unless the packet is cryptographically authenticated.

Thanks for the reply.
Evren