Date:      Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:18:52 +0100
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   disk layout

Many msgs are written on disk layout before, I guess.

I have still a small question.
I'll install FreeBSD-6 on a 160G drive.
Is it OK to just use the "normal" layout (/ /var /tmp /usr) or will it
be smarter to create some slices extra like /home or /data ?
All slices are on the same disk, but I wonder if it will be better from
fragmentation or other reasons unknown to me to have more slices.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4