Date:      Wed, 01 Feb 1995 00:22:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SUP must die, CTM for president !!

P.S.

Is it currently possible to set someone up with a special CTM alias in
their /etc/aliases that will allow freefall to send them patches which get
filed and applied automatically?  That way, to register for CTM updates
a user just says "Sure, I'm willing" and it sends off a subscription request
to the nearest CTM site for doing it by mail, or sets up some sort of mirror
to grab it via ftp, and adds the alias so that it's all automatic after
that.  The user gets daily/weekly/monthly/whatever reports from CTM when it
changes things and they can do with those whatever they wish.

THAT would be very cool.  Totally automated and unattended.  We update people
by sending email to a special address on their machine.  I like it.

We might need to go to PGP authentication at some point so that only WE
can generate official patches, but that's down the road.

						Jordan