Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:44:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Blake Swensen <blake@pyramus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS -- Restricted mode access list??

OK, This is a weird thing with NIS.... My slave server started reporting
the problem:

ypbind[129]: NIS server at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX not in restricted mode access
list -- rejecting.

Where the IP address is itself (not localhost).  So ypbind on the slave is
connecting to my master server, and ypserv on the slave is running (as is
rpc.ypxfrd).  But if I read this correctly, the slave is rejecting its own
IP address as if it does not have the proper permissions?

/var/yp/securenets has entries for my network, appropriate netmask and
localhost, and /var/yp/ypservers has my master listed first and my slave
(itself) listed second.  There are entries in /etc/hosts for both slave and
master.

Any ideas?

Peace,
Blake